Monday, August 8, 2011

A master makeover

After 3 years of living in our house we finally got around to painting our master bedroom. I wanted to create a focal wall behind our bed and just mentioned the idea of wallpaper. Craig thought I was crazy and the more I thought about it, the more I remembered the condo we owned in Fresno where we stripped EVERY room of the 70s wallpaper. Nope, wallpaper was not an option. After searching the web I found stencils that gave the look of wallpaper and ordered this one:


Warning: The website states that stenciling is "Easy, Fast & Fun!" Umm, lets say "Tedious, takes several days (with kids), but beautiful."

We are very happy with the result!

We painted the trey ceiling the darker grey in the stencil and the walls the lighter grey.


The ultimate compliment is that Craig keeps saying that it feels like we have a fancy hotel room.
A fancy hotel room where our daughter does the wake up calls.

I am thankful that he goes along with all of my crazy projects!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! And impressive--That's a LOT of stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great, Laura! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete