Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chicken Wire Frame

I found this idea to make a chicken wire frame on pinterest, so last Saturday our little family set out on a search at yard sales for a nice wooden frame for a good price. Well I actually found a contender at Goodwill at the very end of our quest. I will save the before picture for the end (it makes me laugh!) Here is the finished frame:



I started by removing the "art" out of the frame, then sanded primed and painted it a nice yellow.

We found chicken wire at Lowe's and spray painted it using a dark brown Rustoleum paint to make it stand out more against the wall.

I mixed brown acrylic paint with a gel medium, then rubbed a small amount of it onto the edges with a rag to give it a more aged look. I don't know if those were the appropriate materials to use, but it was what I had on hand.


I then used my handy staple gun to staple the chicken wire to the frame.


Now I use it to display sewing projects.
(A little sneak peak of what is coming to the shop)

While I was working on this project I was thinking about this verse:

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come!
2 Corintians 5:17

It reminds me of how Christ can make a change in our lives and make use of what we may consider useless.

Quite the find, right?
Breanna thought it was very pretty to begin with!

No comments:

Post a Comment