Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Potty training and M&M math

Our girl is potty trained! We are definitely excited around here about that, since it seems like it has been such a long journey. Once she decided she was ready, we were done with diapers after a day and a half of potty training. She was so excited to fill up her sticker chart and get her new toy ( a Tag Jr. reading system...very cool). She is still putting stickers on and getting M&Ms when she goes. When we are out and about she keeps a tally in her head of how many M&M's we owe her. We give her 1 for #1 and 2 for #2, so once she had tallied up 3 (yes, she added by herself), she came back and grabbed four from the jar. I said, "No, Breanna, you get three, not four." She said ok and went back and grabbed another one! I like the way she does math when it comes to candy. We will see how things go when the jar of M&Ms are gone...I heard a certain little girl stopped going after the motivation was gone, but I'm not mentioning any names!



Oh and when she fills up her #2 chart, she gets to spend a day at the beach with Grammy. Those were her terms. Quite the negotiator!

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    I love that little girl. She cracks me up! I'm really proud of her.

    ReplyDelete