Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Worthy Cause

Where did the last month go?  Time has been flying by with Cubbies, Bible study, birthdays, birthdays, birthdays, and a little weekend away to the coast.  We've been having a great time this fall.  

I wanted to tell about this wonderful ministry that my friend shared with me at Bible study.  We have been praying for her niece, Abigail who was diagnosed with leukemia this summer.  Another one of Abigail's aunts started this ministry where they collect "bling for balding babies" and they give it to kids going through chemo.  Abigail delivers some of them herself.  Isn't she a cutie?  Check out the website.



If anyone wants to get involved, she is collecting headbands (comfy ones), beanies or hats. I know some of you are pretty talented at that kind of thing!  This of course tugs at my heart, because I remember how important it was for my brother Jason to have fun hats when he went bald from chemo.  And side note...these families are in Visalia!

No comments:

Post a Comment